5 New Year’s Resolutions for REALTORS® in 2018
Whether you’re a regular maker of resolutions or not, it’s hard to deny: the welcoming in of a new year feels like a fresh start.
So why not use it as an opportunity to take a step back, look at your REALTOR® marketing efforts to date, and make some changes for 2018?
To help you prep for success in the new year, we’re sharing our top five new year’s resolutions for real estate agents.
1. Produce More Real Estate Videos In 2018
We’re always singing the praises of video content around here, and for good reason!
- Facebook video content attracts an average of eight billion views each day
- Videos in emails can lead to a 200-300 percent increase in click-through rates
- Video content on social media generates 1,200 percent more shares than text and images combined
Video could be your key to unlocking more leads, and converting those leads into clients. So in 2018, commit to creating more videos — or, if you haven’t yet experimented, try producing your first.
You don’t need awesome skills or expensive equipment; a good smartphone camera and a basic video editor app is often enough. We’ve also got a rich library of guides and how-tos to help you:
- 20 Topic Ideas for Your Next Real Estate Marketing Videos
- How to Easily Create Powerful Video Tours for Your Listings
- The Four Essential Videos for REALTORS® to Have on Their Website
- How REALTORS® Can Use Facebook Live to Increase Engagement
- How to Use Instagram Stories to Elevate Your Real Estate Brand
- YouTube for Real Estate Leads? You Bet! Here’s How to Run Your Account
- How To Make The Most Engaging Video Ever For Your Real Estate Business
- Easy Tools and Apps to Turn your Written Words into Engaging Videos
2. Refresh Your REALTOR® Website In 2018
Like anything else, website design styles come and go. Just because your website looked on-trend in 2015, doesn’t mean it will have the same effect in 2018.
Maybe you know this, and have been avoiding it. Or maybe you haven’t really thought about it since you first launched your website. Make it a priority this year!
Here’s your checklist for refreshing your website in 2018:
- SEO: How’s your keyword game? Are you ranking on Google? Do you need to update your page titles and metadata? Make sure you’re not guilty of these SEO mistakes.
- Responsiveness: Your website absolutely needs to be mobile-friendly in 2018. It should offer the same or comparable functionality whether it’s viewed on a phone or a computer.
- Layout: Maybe the pages you created years ago are no longer serving a purpose. Get rid of ‘em. If you need additional pages to best organize your content, create ‘em. Try a different website template for a fresh look, and play around with your navigation.
- Branding: Consistent branding is vital to your personal REALTOR® brand. Make sure your logo, colours, fonts, voice, and tone are consistent throughout your website.
- Calls-to-action: Maybe you could be getting more on-page clicks. Maybe the problem is your call-to-action buttons. Try these click-worthy CTAs on for size.
- Proofread: Spelling mistakes, poor grammar, broken links, missing words, and bad formatting all communicate a lack of professionalism. Comb your website for these mistakes, and fix them.
3. Automate Your Real Estate Marketing Efforts In 2018
Are you still manually managing the entirety of your online marketing efforts? Free up some of your time (for lead generation, strategy brainstorming, and breaks!) in 2018 by automating some of your tasks.
Email marketing is a biggie. When it comes to sending newsletters, following up on emails, and building your subscriber list, tools like Mailchimp, Hatchbuck, and Wistia can take some of the work off your hands.
Same goes for social media. Hopefully you’re already using a tool like Hootsuite or Buffer to create and schedule your posts. A service like Edgar can take things a step further by automatically reusing some of your best content, and Pocket can help you very quickly build a collection of shareable content for your feeds.
Don’t forget about chatbots for capturing leads and running 24/7 client service.
4. Start Or Continue To Experiment With Facebook Ads In 2018
Facebook Ads aren’t going anywhere. They’re still one of the most customizable and accessible methods of online advertising for small businesses. That’s why some 93 percent of marketers use Facebook ads regularly.
If you’ve already got a business presence on Facebook, ads can be a great way to drive traffic to your page or website. It just takes some experimentation.
Whether you’re a newbie or a novice, commit to playing around with Facebook ads in 2017.
Refresh your memory with our introduction to Facebook ads, or try something new with our list of advanced strategies.
5. Have A Marketing Plan For Your REALTOR® Business In 2018
If your online marketing efforts of the last year could be described as ‘flying by the seat of your pants,’ it’s time to create a plan.
Establishing a strategy and schedule will keep you on track, help you analyze results and measure success, and ease the stress that comes with ad-hoc activity.
To start, go back to the beginning.
Which niche real estate market do you want to target? First-time homebuyers? A specific neighbourhood? Luxury homes?
Then, revisit your outputs. Do you want to add a social media platform to your REALTOR®business, or do away with one?
Establish your goals, specify the themes you’ll write and post about, create a content calendar and schedule, and develop your ideas for campaigns.
What are your REALTOR® resolutions for 2018? We want to hear them!
Post Your Comment: